In Flanders Fields
Poppies are featured in this cross stitch pattern adapted from art by Anker. It pays tribute to the veterans who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and memorialized by Lt. Col. John McCrae, a Canadian physician who penned the war poem "In Flanders Fields" at the outset of World War I.
In Flanders fields the poppies blowBetween the crosses, row on row,That mark our place; and in the skyThe larks, still bravely singing, flyScarce heard amid the guns below.We are the Dead. Short days agoWe lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,Loved and were loved, and now we lie,In Flanders fields.Take up our quarrel with the foe:To you from failing hands we throwThe torch; be yours to hold it high.If ye break faith with us who dieWe shall not sleep, though poppies growIn Flanders fields.
- Stitch Count: 467W x 350H
- Finished Size on 25 ct: 18.5" x 14"
- DMC Colors: 118
- Includes black & white large print PDF, floss & symbol keys, page layout, finished design photo, and detailed instructions
- Compatible with Pattern Keeper and Markup R-XP
- Downloaded patterns are not refundable
- See our FAQ for printed patterns and kits